Full cream milk - 250 ml, boiled, cooled
Method: Falooda is made by adding different ingredients in layers one on top of the other as outlined below.
- Coat 2 tall glasses with strawberry syrup and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Take 2 teaspoons of sabja seeds in a tea strainer and wash in running water. Transfer to a bowl. Add 100 ml of lukewarm water and allow it soak for 20-30 minutes. These seeds puff up to approximately three times the volume of dry seeds. Soaked seeds have a translucent grey outer layer with a black center.
- Mix rose mix and sugar thoroughly in milk and refrigerate.
- Prepare one pack of strawberry jelly as per instructions provided on the pack and allow it to set. You will need ⅓ of this quantity. I used Weikfield Strawberry Jelly crystals though any commercial brand can be used.
- In one of the glasses coated with strawberry syrup, first add half the quantity of puffed up sabja seeds, after draining excess water if needed. Top it with half the quantity of boiled vermicelli/falooda sev and 1 tablespoon of strawberry syrup. Now add 2 tablespoons of strawberry jelly. Gently pour half the quantity chilled rose milk. Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Layer it with strawberry syrup and garnish with pomegranate seeds and sliced nuts. Repeat the process and fill the remaining glass. Serve chilled.
If you like this post,
please share it with your friends, followers or contacts, by just clicking the
'Face book', 'Twitter', ‘Pinterest’ icons you see below the post. Feel free to
post your comment/ feedback. Your support is greatly appreciated. Thank you!